What does an exposed aggregate concrete driveway cost?
There are pricing guides that you will find on many online sites about the cost of an exposed aggregate driveway but the final cost is dependent on many more things than just the concrete mix. Concrete quotes can vary substantially. As an experienced concrete company, we will provide a fixed quote after visiting the site and getting a clear undersanding of what a concrete project will involve. This minimises unwanted surprises for us and concrete laid in the correct way for your home.
Here are the main things that influence the cost of an exposed aggregate driveway
- Access to the area to be concreted can make a big difference to the final price. You may need to pay for a concrete pump if access to the area to be concreted is too far away for the concrete supply trucks to reach. Concreters can barrow but concrete loads are very heavy and there is a limit on how far and for how long a person can barrow concrete.
- The size and the shape of the area to be concreted can add complexity to the pour and might mean an additional cost.
- A sloping site could possibly need some drains into the paving and more site preparation.
- When it comes to the actual concrete paving, a 25MPA exposed aggregate mix from a reputable concrete supplier is the starting point for a quality Exposed Aggregate finish.
- Colour pigments can be added to the basic 25MPA mix which adds to the cost but could wonderfully compliment your home.
- You might want extra pebbles of different colours and size or even coloured glass added to the top of the mix.
- Variations to the concrete driveway design with borders and edges.
To give a general guideline, the cost of square metre rates is $100 - $140 depending upon your choice of concrete but please be aware that this guideline cannot take into account design variations or issues particular to your site as detailed above.
At Panorama, our main aim is to get your job right from the word go. Unlike most of our competitors in Adelaide who operate with a mobile phone number and PO Box, we have an office open from 8.30 to 6pm during the working week with a display centre where you can view many samples.
Experienced consultants to help you design and cost your exposed aggregate driveway
With over 30 years in the business, we know what we need to do to get it right the first time. We employ experienced and careful consultants who will take the time to diligently check out all the variations which could exist on your site in order to provide an accurate cost for your exposed aggregate driveway. For example:
- They will talk to you about how the paving is going to slope so that rain water flows away from structures.
- If you need extra drains, they will recommend the best solution or a visit by a plumber.
- If the paving is going to exceed the damp course on your house (which could cause salt damp issues down the track), they will make sure the site preparation phase takes this into account.
- They will provide a detailed plan of your work for you to sign off on before the work proceeds so that you know exactly what you are getting for the quote you have approved.
An exposed aggregate driveway cost that meets your budget
In the long run, the preplanning and care we take will protect your home from expensive problems down the track. When you sign up with Panorama Concrete you know you are getting a concrete company who will be there for you long after the paving teams have finished their work. Have a look at our blog about the 22 steps to installing exposed aggregate concrete that will last you a lifetime.
We are open, available and ready to assist you with your enquiries, 8.30am-6pm weekdays. We look forward to the opportunity to meet you and help you get the exposed aggregate driveway to complement your home. Please call us on 8297 9611 or visit our showroom at 1 Maple Avenue, Forestville. Our team will help you design an exposed aggregate driveway at a cost that meets your budget.